I run a download site for a choir where they can download the songs the conductor has recorded for them to learn. The site is password protected so only the members can reach it. A couple of days ago I got a message than some of the users hadn’t used the site on their phone lately, since it didn’t work. I hadn’t done anything, so I was curious why. I started to investigate and found a post:
This issue is an old bug where chrome didn’t read large mp3 files, so though some say it was the bitrate, it actually was the size of the file. But after trying to change the files without any luck, I was wondering if it was something else. And after awhile I found the real problem.
Chrome didn’t forward the authentication for the site to the music/video player, and therefore the music player wasn’t allowed to read the mp3 file. I tried some workaround, but didn’t find any good solution which was transparent for the admin and users.
But, the next day I got an update for chrome on my phone, and it worked again. So, if you have this problem, you need to upgrade chrome to the latest version on your phone.